“Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) is an approach for learning about and engaging with communities. It combines an ever-growing toolkit of participatory and visual methods with natural interviewing techniques and is intended to facilitate a process of collective analysis and learning”.
National Health Mission, department of Health and Family Welfare, Madhya Pradesh selected MPVHA, in the year 2018, to implement PLA Programme in Rama and Thandla blocks of Jhabua district. The goal of the programme is “Reduction of Maternal Mortality and Infant Mortality in Programme Area”.
- Improvement in maternal and infant health indicators in project area.
- Adoption of health seeking behaviors.
- Improvement in demand generation for health services.
- Improvement in service uptake.
This innovative project is going on till date (2021) with the support of NHM Government of Madhya Pradesh and lead NGO, Ekjut in Jhabua district.
- Participatory learning is being transferred into group efforts for bringing large changes.